Lydden was founded in 1955 by Bill Chesson with the help of the Astra Motor Club. From 1957, they promoted stock-car racing and grass-track racing for motorcycles.
Lydden was founded in 1955 by Bill Chesson with the help of the Astra Motor Club. From 1957, they promoted stock-car racing and grass-track racing for motorcycles. By 1962, Chesson wanted to progress and laid a tarmac track in order to promote motor and motorcycle road racing. The original plan was for a 1-mile circuit but this scheme had to be put on hold when the tarmac ran out at what is known as the Devil’s Elbow; the result was the short circuit, which is sometimes used by Legends and Hot Rods. In 1965, tarmac asphalt was laid for hosting car racing up to Formula Three. Lydden became extremely popular, to the point that in 1967 a meeting featuring Formula Three was televised.
Circuit length: 1mile
Petrol: Not available Pit Garages: None Catering: Available Noise levels: 100db (unless otherwise stated) Power: Available ifor an extra charge Groups: 4 groups Animals: Not allowed Children: Allowed Camping: Allowed Start times: Day - 07.30 sign on / 08.30 briefing / 0900 tracktime commences (please note during the Winter tracktime may start later) General requirements: Full zip together leathers
Helmet with ACU gold standard
Age 16+ Lydden Hill is ideally located in Kent just a short drive from Dover and half an hour from the M25.
No dates are currently available, please check back soon or call 01525 877087 or email us at email@example.com, to be put on a waiting list.
Select any extras you would like to purchase by clicking the buttons next to the correct rider.
IMPORTANT *A front brake lever guard is compulsory on all UK and European No Limits Trackdays*.